“Our awareness of decomposition leads to certain insights that are disconcerting and fascinating as well; they may well be visions from outside Civilization. This awareness informs our action without distinguishing us from events. I am referring to what is most question-worthy: the passing sense of the weird and meaningless way in which things happen, beyond causality and so beyond lasting explanation.”~Alejandro de Acosta
The text read this episode, the second in a trilogy of essays on approaches to nihilism by Alejandro de Acosta, is included in The Impossible, Patience: Critical Essays 2007 – 2013 published by Ardent Press and available from Little Black Cart.
- The Impossible, Patience at ArdentPress.com
- The Impossible, Patience at LittleBlackCart.com
- The Impossible, Patience at Amazon.com
Texts and authors referenced in History as Decomposition are available to be freely downloaded, printed, and distributed, from The Anarchist Library.
- Alejandro de Acosta at TheAnarchistLibrary.org
- Against His-story, Against Leviathan! at TheAnarchistLibrary.org
- Novatore at TheAnarchistLibrary.org
- Vaneigem at TheAnarchistLibrary.org
If there is a Little Black Cart essay you would like me to read in a future episode, please tell me so. Cory@LittleBlackCart.com.